The lawyers at Wagner Hughes, LLC regularly investigate potential nursing home neglect lawsuits where families believe their loved one has been abused or neglected and has suffered injuries or even death as a result of inadequate care provided at nursing homes and other long term care facilities. If you suspect your loved one has suffered neglect or abuse at a nursing home, it is important that you consult an experienced nursing home attorney to investigate your case. Attorney Kate Hughes worked as an attorney for the nursing homes for ten years and knows what goes on behind the scenes. She can offer perspective and knowledge that most other attorneys don’t have to the victims of nursing home abuse.
Neglect and abuse occurs in many different forms and can be difficult to recognize. Typically, nursing home abuse cases fall into one of the following main categories:
- Pressure Ulcers (also called bed sores or decubitus ulcers)
- Falls and Drops, often resulting in broken bones and even head trauma
- Failure to diagnose and/or treat: This can include anything from sepsis, strokes, pneumonia or other life threatening conditions that, left untreated, can lead to serious illness or death
- Physical abuse, such as hitting, grabbing or mishandling the resident or using improper physical or chemical restraints to keep residents subdued
- Emotional and mental abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Financial Abuse, such as mishandling and theft of the resident’s funds and accounts
- Fraud, such as billing for services not received or up billing. This can also lead to a whistleblower or class action against the nursing home.
All cases at Wagner Hughes, LLC are investigated by experienced nursing home lawyers and not “investigators” or other staff members. Give us a call and we will give you a free consultation by a real nursing home attorney.